1.14.2014

honestly, messily beautiful

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
i had a post all planned out for today, but i decided i'm not going to post it yet - i'm just going to write, and see what flows through my fingers. the strange thing about writing on this blog is, i feel like i have a standard i have to live up to. a certain layout my posts should be in, and the way i should express myself. it's getting a little dull ever since i started posting spontaneously on my other blog, and i've realized that i want to write from my heart; maybe a blog post won't have a certain layout, or point, but it's going to be strictly me. from the bottom of my heart, off the top of my head, on the tip of my tongue type posts. what i'm thinking of, what i'm doing, what i'm going through, and learning. i don't want this blog to be a dumping ground for everything i'm feeling, but i want it to be honest. more like a letter to myself, or a documentation of my life. my life isn't perfect, and i want my writing to reflect the beautiful, messy, painful, mixed up, crazy, difficult, happy experiences of everyday life - because anything else isn't a true reflection of what life - my life - really is. 

life is messy. it's tangled hair, and smudged window panes, fogged glass, marks on paper, coal smudges under eyes. it's pale fingers clasping illusions. it's pensive faces, and eyelashes giving butterfly kisses to cheeks. it's shattered moments, split with cold sunlight. it's dirt streaked faces, and rivers of salt kissing ivory lips. it's the adrenaline of excitement, the memories that have taken root, the glances over your shoulder as you move on. life is only a glimpse of eternity, and it's too short to be writing words that are empty, and holding on to things that are gone.

15 comments:

  1. it is. sometimes we just have to let it be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Your pictures and words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. yes. and yes. you write/photograph/portray life so rawly and beautifully - I couldn't imagine your blog any other way.
    love you, dearest Pond, every so much. xx || MH

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear, this is so beautiful and true. i've missed reading your blog! (i'm sort of back to blogging with yet a new one) just keep being yourself when you blog; it's the best way. :)
    - gabi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so much yes!! And it's a MORE than splendid, messy life. Love this post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good, friend. Your words flow over the page and I want to read your novel one day!! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "a letter to myself" -- i love that. i've been following you on tumblr for some time now, not sure how i missed your blog! its wonderful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your way of writing & expressing raw emotion & feeling. You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *slow clap turns to roaring applause* I don't think I can speak right now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i read this soon after you posted, and i was too lazy to comment. (i'm terrible at that) but, now i found myself reading through this again, and woahhhh. i don't even have the words to say.
    this is just... wow. so so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "life is only a glimpse of eternity, and it's too short to be writing words that are empty, and holding on to things that are gone." - blew my mind. And that's not often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so true! so many times I find myself forcing out blog posts, but this, my dear, is an amazing post(:
    xoxo
    rainbows and dreams

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥