7.18.2014

snapshots //

snapshots from the 4th, and the first rain of our monsoon season

i'd almost forgotten what it feels like to sit down and write a blog post. it feels alien, actually. unusual. writing things up on this little corner of the web used to be a daily (or at least, weekly) occurrence, but lately, all my writing has been done on my novel. words. so many words. sentences re-written countless times, hours spent reading and re-reading. i've been taking a step back from the internet, and it's amazing what a little time away from all the "distractions" will do for a person.

the days have been a myriad of noises and faces and the same, unbroken pattern of life that somehow seems to be changing, little by little. i've hardly noticed. or maybe we're the ones who are changing. funny how that happens, isn't it? the world never changes. the earth is stuck in the same rotation, the seasons come and go according to schedule, the sun rises and sets, and still we say 'the world' is changing.

really, it's not. we're the ones changing. and as we do, we change our reality - we change our world. and sometimes, others change it for us; with, or without our consent. but when you really get down the point, the truth is, everything changes. everything has changed. it's frightening, it's intimidating. the future is unknown, the present is unstable, the past is unreachable. but it's all beautiful.

i've been enjoying life, rather than documenting it lately. but hey, that's alright. 

what's been up with you lately, lovelies? xx

14 comments:

  1. I love this. and I need to post, too. there's just so much going on but then when I think about what I'm doing it doesn't seem like I've been doing that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT PHOTO OF THE FIREWORKS. ♥ Is it real film or edited to look like it? Either way, it's gorgeous. As are the rest of the photos! The depth of field is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful captures, Mikailah! And my,how I love what you wrote. You're so talented, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I just love seeing your smiling face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots, Milailah! Your photography has really improved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are lovely, darling. also frame number 6 is so adorable it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. breath-taking. and your words ring true. this world is changing too fast for me to blink, but it's a good life, Hazel Grace - I mean, my dear Pond. ;) <3 <3 WE NEED TO TALK SOON! I MISS YOU! xx || MH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness I've missed this little spot for the past month! Glad you've had a great one though, these are such lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain! I love rain. (: So exciting.
    That's so great that you've been working on your novel. Do you do NaNoWriMo, or Camp NaNoWriMo?
    I've been taking a drawing class and playing a lot of tennis and making/editing YouTube videos. This summer is going great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm...there's nothing quite so beautiful as those faraway rain clouds. I can't stop taking pictures of them...! ^ - ^ and I'm glad that you DID stop to take some stills of them...<3
    Ah, and your rain pictures- I always love seeing those. I've tried, but we simply don't have enough windows for me to get good light without getting my camera wet! =)
    Plus- you're cute. =)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. i definitely have that dress in light blue and i most definitely love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so beautiful. {just like your words}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! How exciting to be writing something like that. : )

    Sarah
    http://atowngirlslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting, and sharing some love. ♥